UK017-Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Weights Engineer to join the team in Leighton Buzzard.
The Weights Team is small and enthusiastic group of four engineers, which forms part of the wider Stress Engineering team, this role reports directly to the Stress Manager.
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants.
- Work with design and structures teams to define light weight, efficient structures and systems
- Provide weight estimates for galley products, from detail parts through to full galley/monument assemblies
- Allocate, estimate and manage mass properties requirements, margins and weight growth allowances throughout the entire product life-cycle.
- Develop weight estimates for proposal and development activities.
- Generate flight product distributed mass profiles (cg and moments of inertia).
- Assess the impact of change upon weight targets.
- Authoring weight reports and maintain mass properties records.
- Working with customer and structures team to development galley solutions which meet aircraft level loading requirements.
- Report on a regular basis against weight targets to both internal and external customers.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Experience and Skills
The suitable applicant will possess:
- Engineering background in aircraft interior products (or similar products / industry) probably in a design office environment and be familiar with one of the current 3D software packages (CATIA V5) and TeamCenter.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings presented in various and different styles and formats.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office pack.
- Creative in solutions supporting both the company and the customer.
- Positive attitude in terms of proactivity and ability to work in a team and independently.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organisation, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organisation that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as a healthcare cashback scheme. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.