BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
User Experience Consultant
As a Senior UX Consultant you will be the primary end-user advocate, applying a strong understanding of UX methodologies and best practices to produce digital experiences which delight and inspire diverse audiences. The role of a User Experience (UX) Consultant is broad and you will operate across several key phases of our User Centred Design (UCD) methodology from Discovery, Define and Design to Implementation, Test and Deploy.
What you could be doing for us:
- Work as a senior UX practitioner within a team of UX consultants (BAE Systems and/or client) occasionally taking on a lead UX role, own specific work areas and coach others when needed
- Lead the client engagement for specific areas of work concerning UX including requirements gathering, stakeholder validation, user testing and engagement and validation with other work-streams
- Review and prioritise user requirements, often across complex, diverse audience types, cross referenced with business critical objectives and goals, demonstrating sensitivity to a wide variety of factors
- Plan and facilitate effective workshops from workshop planning and design, through client engagement and facilitation to results and translating outputs into materials that improve the UX of a project
- Apply our standard UCD approaches as well as broader BAE Systems methodologies on client engagements with assistance / direction from senior management
- Take ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager
- Create compelling online consumer experience designs that are empathetic and drive measurable business results
What background we are looking for:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Excellent knowledge of UX methodologies and best practices; research, persona creation, needs analysis, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes and prototypes.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind, Adobe Creative Suite etc
- Good knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce, online customer service and more
- Good understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target, etc.
- Good general understanding of web technologies
- Good understanding of Agile development and Lean UX
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.