Training Design Lead
Raytheon Technologies is playing a major role in revolutionising the Royal Navy’s training management culture, helping to make the UK Armed Forces more agile and adaptable than ever and giving them the confidence to tackle future challenges.
In partnership with Capita, Elbit UK, and Fujitsu, will ensure the Royal Navy offers best-in-class training to servicemen and women. We will accelerate the use of new technology, processes and learning solutions, aligning with the Royal Navy’s transformation agenda and positioning it to thrive in the 21st century.
This new partnership further strengthens Raytheon’s role as a proven strategic partner to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the UK government, building on a legacy of experience training the UK Royal Air Force and Royal Navy. It consolidates Raytheon UK’s commitment to investing long-term in the UK to keep the country secure, the economy strong and the UK armed forces safe.
In support of this new programme we are running a major recruitment drive with a range of current and future opportunities.
We are looking to hire, talented, driven individuals with a passion for Education, Learning & Development and Training.
The Training Design Lead is responsible to the Enabling Manager (Training Design) for leading a Training Design Team to produce DSAT compliant documentation for multiple MOD sites within a standardised design process.
- To Lead a team whose responsibilities are the analysis, design, maintenance, review and production of DSAT Documentation & processes for multiple MOD sites and organisations. Main duties include leading a team to:
- Conduct Training Design Reviews of all training courses at least every three (3) years and the maintenance and update of the design of training courses to ensure that such training courses are up-to-date and that they satisfy relevant operational / workplace performance requirements.
- Upkeep, update and revalidation of course syllabi and standards, trainer competence, qualification and experience requirements.
- Upkeep, update and revalidation of course information, including but not limited to, course size limits, health and safety, relevant rules and regulations, course length and required support and resources.
- Conduct and maintenance of Training Design in response to new training requirements, including those arising from New Capabilities, to ensure that training satisfies operational / workplace performance requirements, provides the design output requirements required by the Authority and is kept up-to-date.
- Update of Training Design to incorporate relevant recommendations and feedback from internal and external assurance, to ensure that training remains up-to-date and satisfies operational / workplace performance requirements.
- Identify opportunities to provide accreditation for new and/or amended training as designed, and/or any amendments or implications for existing accreditations following Training Design changes.
Produce, maintain and/or update DSAT Training Design documentation including:
- Formal Training Statement (FTS) (including the Training Performance Statement (TPS), Training Objectives (TOs), Workplace Training Statement (WTS) and Residual Training Gap Statement (RTGS)
- Assessment Strategy (AStrat) and Assessment Specification (ASpec)
- Learning Scalar and Learning Specification (LSpec)
- Training Authorisation Document (TrAD)
- TMIS (TAFMIS or replacement) course templates.
Lead contributions to the development of overall instructional strategy and also be able to analyse and implement changes to training programmes, identifying effective and ineffective instructional design training methodologies to include but not limited to:
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods mentoring, coaching, on-job or in-classroom training
- e-learning, simulations, workshops etc.
- The Implementation of Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Ensure that any changes derived from internal and external validation are incorporated into all training design activity to ensure that training remains up-to-date and satisfies operational / workplace performance requirements.
- The mentoring and developing of Training Designers.
- Act as a technical lead for the Enabling Service Managers to ensure that processes follow latest direction and guidance in accordance with defence policy.
- Interviewing subject matter experts to collate required data.
- Participate in internal workshops to discuss and agree findings from analysis.
- Any other duties required to complete the Training Design.
- The Training Design Lead should have experience and a good working knowledge of the processes applied to training analysis and design, have experience of development and delivery environments and have managed the design of significant training courses. Training Design Lead will have:
- A good working knowledge of the training design and development processes for training media.
- Capable of building and maintaining effective teams.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both internally and within the customer organisation.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- UK Ministry of Defence procedures and policies
- Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT).
Eligible for or Holder or Current SC Level Security Clearance, Raytheon will sponsor as required.
- Programme management tools and applications.
- High level of determination to succeed.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.