Do you have an interest in tracking malicious cyber activity across networks and in cyber space? Are you interested in dissecting and understanding sophisticated malware families? Do you want to help build a secure digital society to keep our economies and businesses protected from cyber security threats?
PwCâ€™s Global Threat Intelligence team is currently looking for technical intelligence analysts who have a passion for stopping malicious activity and cyber crime in its tracks. Our Threat Intelligence team provides subscription and bespoke research services to global clients, supports our incident response and Managed Cyber Defence threat hunting services, and collaborates with our adversary emulation team on the tools and techniques used by cyber threat actors. The team tracks several hundred threat actors, ranging from organised crime to state affiliated groups, originating from more than 25 countries.
As a technical analyst within PwCâ€™s Global Threat Intelligence team youâ€™ll be required to delve into threat actor campaigns and incident response cases around the world. Youâ€™ll develop a deep understanding of the tools and techniques used by threat actors and help our clients understand the threat they pose.Â
- Research and track a range of threat actors, using a variety of internal and external tools and systems;
- Support the generation of network and host based detection methods for our intelligence clients;
- Dissect malware and document its capabilities;
- Use static and dynamic analysis techniques to contribute to reporting and our knowledge base;
- Suggest and develop tooling to improve analysis and collection capabilities;
- Generate Mitre TTPâ€™s for analysed malware and campaigns;
- Support incident response and our managed cyber defence teams with ad-hoc analysis requests; and,
- Support business as usual operations such as monitoring open source for new information and responding to ad-hoc client RFIâ€™s.Â
- Have an understanding of analysis techniques used in CTI
- Experience with industry standard tools such as Maltego, Ghidra or IDA
- Baseline knowledge of threat actors and high profile cyber incidents;
- Ability to code in Python
- Competency using common commercial intelligence datasets, including repositories of information relating to malware and internet data (domain, IP, netflow, certificate tracking etc.) .
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.