What you will be doing
The planning, design, management, execution, and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations. The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified (including security requirements), and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using, and maintaining test ware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
Who you will be working for?
This is a technology company built by and for technologists. Everyone in this company is a technologist with a keen drive to pursue ‘the best’ innovative solutions for the marketplace. They are less about strict governance and more about the people who work for them. They are from enterprise industry, but they have taken the best of what they know into their own incubation centre and left the rest. They are different and what they want is people who want to be different.
What we are looking for
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Plans and drives software construction activities.
- Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security.
- Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Demonstrate an interest in improving the team’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participate in the evolution of best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Show appetite and aptitude for owning responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Aptly manages team demands on his/her time and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
What you will get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Working with a market leading company
- Collaborative working environment
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects.
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application! I am a Recruitment Consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Software Test roles for Northern Ireland, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principles of customer service and delivery – I thrive on delivering for our clients. At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Testing skills have never been needed more. We are talking – all the time – to organisations who are relying on new creative professionals. So, whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your career, talk to us today.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.