BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Test Automation Engineering is the gatekeeper to the quality of our deliveries to our customers around the world. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The test engineer has the opportunity to work across the system lifecycle from test definition to customer acceptance and can directly influence the outcome of our projects.
Test Engineer is required to pro-active and reactive specialist advice regarding testing and quality assurance of digital software solutions created by the Digital Factory. Managing the assurance of solutions created by Digital Factory so that they align with the agreed customer requirements.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Convert Customer/Product Requirements to effective test/use cases
- Experience of system testing, preferably with some exposure to low level (i.e. non GUI) testing
- Experience of investigating root causes of discovered issues and providing corrective actions – either individually or in conjunction with the development team
- Ability to evaluate test results against customer requirements
- Defect Tracking and Knowledge Management software (Atlassian JIRA and Confluence preferred)
- Ability to create comprehensive test execution reports with metrics
- Promote test engineering within the company
Essential competencies and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working experience with React testing library, Jest, Enzyme etc (nice to have: Selenium)
- Customer facing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Test case design and execution to meet functional / use case requirements
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies (TDD / BDD etc.)
- Upper intermediate English (ability to clearly communicate with English speakers in the workplace)
Desirable competencies and experience
- Experience in planning, estimating and designing system testing
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- Test Automation experience (both UI and low level)
- Security Check (minimum) clearance or the ability to gain it
- Opportunity for travel, including international travel
- Flexible working options (project dependent)
- Competitive benefits package including pension, share incentives, private health care etc.
- Training and development opportunities
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- private medical care
- lunch voucher
- multi-sport card
- social events
- cross company free share program
- life insurance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.