Hays Technology are looking for a Test Analyst to join our exciting and established large private sector client in Bradford. The successful applicant will support the adoption and execution of Testing Good Practice across the organisationâ€™s projects, providing advice and guidance and â€Hands Onâ€ QA and Testing expertise to Project Teams, designing and executing Project test plans.
What you will be doing:
- In conjunction with the Testing Manager ensure the adoption of Testing Good Practice and use of appropriate Testing Tools, across the organisationsâ€™ projects, providing â€Hands Onâ€ support to Project Teams.
- Undertake QA reviews of requirements definitions /functional specifications to ensure clarity of testing requirements providing feedback to Project Managers.
- Work with Project Teams to advise on, agree and document Project testing requirements and approach.
- Deliver â€good practiceâ€ test plans/cases from requirements specifications / workshop outcomes/ previous tests/regression tests/non- functional requirements.
- Manage formal testing to verify software integrity and overall â€changeâ€ operability including defect management and reporting software/process defects.
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable UK and local regulations, Company Policies and FCA Conduct Rules.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
Who you will be working for:
Our client is a large online retailer which prides themselves on providing a vibrant and flexible working atmosphere which values creativity and innovation.
What we are looking for:
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) â€” able to construct concise test plans/cases and explain clearly to stakeholderâ€™s testing/quality issues
- Able to contribute to the development and support of Good Practice standards and guidelines
- Ability to work within a collaborative project framework and focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong problem-solving skills able to translate technical requirements into robust test plans.
- Required: Experience with Creating/Running Performance Tests â€” ideally JMeter
- Formal qualification and experience in Testing/Quality Assurance. (Preferred, but not essential)
- Good understanding of software development technologies.
- Experience of being able to extract test data from systems, or work with domain experts to do so.
- Knowledge or experience of different development approaches (Agile/Hybrid/Waterfall).
- Familiarity with some/all the following:
ttt Git/GitLab/Git Extensions
- Knowledge of Test Management software / procedures
This role is subject to credit and DBS checks
What you’ll get in return:
In addition to a generous salary and favourable hybrid working policy, they are also able to provide a substantial and varied benefits package including 37 days holiday (including bank holiday), Stakeholder pension scheme â€” the company will match up to 5%, a bonus scheme as well as other generous benefits.
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application!
I am a consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Data and Business Intelligence for the West Yorkshire region, helping tech professionals develop and progress in their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent. My passion for this space emanates from ensuring that businesses and organisations can build on strong principles of customer service and delivery and that I personally thrive on delivering for our candidates and clients.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Systems & Database Technical Specialists have never been needed more and finding the best talent for these roles are a top priority. We are talking â€” all the time- to organisations who actively seeking to improve their use and understanding of data and for the talent to support them. So, whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your cyber career, talk to us today.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.