Risk isnâ€™t going to disappear and the complex, ever changing environment makes it much harder to predict where new challenges will come from. But it represents an opportunity for businesses to transform and innovate, and discover hidden value. From the boardroom to back office, we work to protect and strengthen every aspect of business; from people to performance, systems to strategy. Through our invaluable insights and independent assurance we help discover and unlock real value. There is a huge amount of business change caused by disruption, including technology, regulation, or a factor in the broader environment such as Brexit and that gives rise to risk and uncertainty. Helping our clients identify and address those risks to give them and their stakeholders confidence in their business is the purpose of our new Risk Assurance Line of Service. As a business, we have been providing services related to risk within our wider Assurance practice. On 1 July 2020, we established this new Line of Service to better use the scale and breadth of our practice including many of the firmâ€™s experts in areas such as regulation, cyber security, listings, actuarial, accounting, controls and internal audit.About Technology Data & Analytics
A career in our Technology Effectiveness practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations navigate the increasingly complex landscape of technology spend and strategic sourcing, to enable clients to increase the value derived from their technology investments.
The shift to Cloud is resulting in hybrid IT environments where our clients are faced with trying to reduce technology debt, and control cost of ownership of existing legacy infrastructure, while simultaneously seeking to effectively manage the consumption and total cost of ownership (TCO) of Cloud services.
Our team helps clients navigate this complexity through a combination of driving greater transparency over spend, identifying opportunities to increase the value of investments, and implementing the required governance and controls
to more effectively aggregate demand, helping to manage IT spend across the organisation.
We are seeking experienced Technology Cost OptimisationÂ Managers to join aÂ fast-growing teamÂ focused on this rapidly growing market. Your focus will be on supporting clients through the cost optimisation lifecycle, from driving
transparency over existing spend, benchmarking against industry peers, and using data analytics capability to provide clients with insight into their current spend, and value creation opportunities.
- Support the delivery of complex Technology Cost Optimisation projects and programmes
- Manage matrixed teams made up of people from PwC, our clients and other third parties Identify and prioritise cost optimisation projects with our clients
- Own and ensure quality in the end to end project lifecycle from ideation through to benefits realisation Deliver value for our clients through helping them solve their biggest problems using data analytics and visualisation.
- Effectively engage and communicate with senior stakeholders including C-level executives.
- Support the production of industry thought leadership in this domain.
- This role will give the right candidate senior exposure at PwC and will present excellent opportunities for progression.
- Experience of spend analysis and IT benchmarking
- Solid understanding of technology sourcing strategies and vendor landscape
- Ability to effectively categories spend data and generate insight to support opportunity identification
- Demonstrable technology background
- Project Management
- Ability to manage projects from ideation through to benefits realisation
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Commercial Skills
- Solid understanding of technology vendor licensing and service charging mechanisms
- Experience in translating spend insight and analysis into measurable benefit
- Experience in supporting complex IT procurements and/or software audits.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.