A phenomenal opportunity has arisen for a Technical Security Analyst in Norwich to join our CISO Global Cyber Operations team. The Global Cyber Operations Team plays a pivotal role at Aviva; they protect the global estate by detecting and preventing cyber-attacks from occurring.
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic team of security experts, who have a passion for delivering market leading IT security services. You will be provided with the opportunity to expand on your current skills within a FTSE100 financial company and support and develop operational processes to maintain the vulnerability management capability.
You could be ideal for the position if you have experience of vulnerability management, focusing on the performance of vulnerability assessments and prioritisation, supported by robust data analysis, driving a risk based and threat led responses. We are also considering individuals with a comprehensive understanding and experience of IT infrastructure management and support, with a strong desire to develop a career in Cyber Security and able to demonstrate good security knowledge and disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain the Aviva global VMS service covering all multi-national geographical environments
- Processing and analysis of vulnerability scan results, ensuring integrity and reliability of the data
- Assessing and correlating large complex data sets
- Knowledge of application and system vulnerabilities and exposures with an understanding of Vulnerability Management process
- Excellence at stakeholder engagement and building strong partnerships across the technology and business teams ensuring vulnerability remediation processes are applied and actioned consistently
- Triage, classify, and alert on vulnerability detection/exposure, presenting informed views of remediation tasks to facilitate removal of risk from the estate
- Collaborate, support, and engage additional security teams to further clarify vulnerability exposure and associated threats
- Provide support and functional response in incident management and post-mortem processes
If your skillset fits with the capabilities listed below, we would love to hear from you!
- Experience with Vulnerability Management tools like Qualys, Tenable, or Nexpose and associated processes
- The build, automate, and streamline key operational processes
- Formulate, assess, and correlate large complex data sets and present actionable information, with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with private, and cloud hosted services (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Solid understanding of attack vectors and root causes of vulnerabilities within complex IT systems
- Comprehension of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), and how threat agents orchestrate attacks along with an understanding of Cybersecurity standards and frameworks
- Good working knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain
- Good delivery and stakeholder management, with a structured and organised way of working
- Ability to establish and maintain collaboration, understanding, trust, and credible working relationships with globally dispersed stakeholders
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and workflows required to direct remediation activity in line with SLA frameworks and tracking
- Specific skills including:
- Advanced Excel data analytics
- Good scripting experience, including Python
- Qualifications in computing and/or security practices
- Good understanding of enterprise level system patching concepts
- Good understanding of Operating System functionality – Windows, Linux, Mainframe, Network, iOS, and Android
- Good understanding of enterprise infrastructure services: Networks, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, Border appliances
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Working knowledge of security toolsets
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £45K depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online . If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Ryan Morgan call on 0121 281 4269 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010 *. By ‘ minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.