Technical Security Analyst
KPMG has been acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in the provision of cyber security consultancy. We are investing to building out our financial services cyber consulting team to meet a growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies in the world.
We help out clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build out the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime and other threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
Our team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to financial crime/fraud and risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation.
You will be a Technical Analyst within the Security Transformation team of the Financial Services Cyber practice, helping both to ensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients and also grow our business. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, ranging from assisting in securely architecting the technical aspects of cloud transformations, including network and endpoint security, application and data security, security orchestration and operations, through to optimisation of client technical security controls, to providing specialist support on issues such as DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines, etc.
Our clients are under increasing regulatory scrutiny, continually battling a rapidly changing cybercrime threat landscape while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services. As an Analyst, we expect you to support on challenging and complex engagements. You will aim to understand the business issues and support translate cyber security technology into straightforward, credible, jargon free advice to our clients; and deliver the support they require. This will involve managing workstreams and teams and working directly with clients to deliver technical solution to their on-premise or cloud security issues.
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges, often at a time of critical need. In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG. If you are able to help our clients seize the opportunity offered by the digital world, and do so in a secure way, then you are the type of person we are looking for.
Delivery of client engagements in a way that ensures quality and value to our clients by:
• Advising and delivering projects on technical aspects of cyber security.
• Supporting project and engagement management teams to deliver high quality work in a timely manner to include:
o Scoping activities
o Production of deliverables.
o Financial management
o Engagement and risk management
• Communicating clearly with clients and other stakeholders at all levels of the business.
• Developing constructive relationships, both internal and external and support the business development activity of senior members of the team.
• Sharing lessons learned to the team through sharing of experience and knowledge.
• Supporting leadership of the team in the adoptions of effective working practices.
• Keeping up-to-date with developments in areas of cyber technologies.
• Recognising the importance of continuous self-development and actively striving to achieve this.
• Proven track record and experience (1-3 years) in technical cyber security environment (network or endpoint security, application security, security operations, etc.) within professional services or an in-house information security function, preferably in Financial Services.
• Knowledge of a broad range of technical cyber security topics e.g. network segmentation, microsegmentation, host and platform security, secure SDLC, security operations, incident management etc. and the corresponding technologies
• Knowledge of cloud security principles, technologies and specific native offerings of at least one major cloud service provider (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP); familiarity with emerging cloud security technologies (e.g. CWPPs, CSPMs)
• Understanding of and experience with a wide range of Cyber Security principles, technologies, and techniques
• Proven track record of delivering high quality outputs, on time and meeting/exceeding client expectations
• Experience in implementing or assessing technical security controls across multiple layers of the IT architecture stack
• Ability to organise and prioritise own work to meet project requirements.
• Good communicator with the ability to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the cyber security field.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Degree level qualified
• Cloud or security vendor certifications
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.