The Raytheon UK Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager works within the Controllers organisation reporting directly into the Raytheon UK Financial Controller. The selected individual will lead the technical accounting, internal control and financial governance for the Raytheon business.
This role is a key position and will be viewed as the expert and primary point of contact for all technical accounting & financial governance matters within the business. You will prepare and review accounting papers for new contracts, accounting assumptions and judgements made.
This role requires the ability to work with initiative and be self-sufficient in supporting the business. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience of technical accounting with a strong ability to communicate and translate business financial considerations to non-finance functions as well as senior LT stakeholders.
Working as a trusted partner to the business, the Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager would possess excellent investigative, analytical and collaborative skills.
This role will also act as the nominated Estimate at Completion (EAC) compliance lead across the business to ensure these processes and controls are efficient, effective and robust.
• Lead the preparation of technical accounting papers for all key judgements within the organisation including revenue recognition, bookings recognition and number of performance obligations within a contract
• Review draft contracts and attend proposal meetings to provide feedback for accounting implications.
• Lead the execution and management of the Raytheon UK Internal Control & Compliance Program (ICE)
• Lead cross-functional reviews/audits on an as needed basis
• Lead regulatory compliance quarterly/annual certifications (UK/USA) with senior Raytheon UK LT and culminating with quarterly briefings to the Raytheon UK CEO & CFO
• Monitor, manage and communicate adherence to Raytheon Company Policy, Controls and Procedures
• Lead training programmes across functions where necessary to communicate policy changes or refreshes where required
• Present quarterly to Raytheon UK Senior Leadership team providing recommendations and communicating strategic level current issues and concerns as the lead member of the Compliance Committee
• Manage the timesheet administration process to ensure robust controls and compliant time recognition
• Line management responsibility of a small team
• Mentor and develop accounting analysts
• Exhibit leadership values from a task, ethical and business perspective with an ability to influence the business at a Leadership Team level and continually drive best practice
• Demonstrated ability to identify and execute solutions to complex problems
• The confidence and courage to lead, present, and participate in large and small meetings and status sessions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
• Ability to lead and manage others in a results oriented environment
• Develop solutions for complex problems
• Experience with ASC 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers
• Experience with FRS 102
• Earned Value Management Experience
• SAP experience
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Technical accounting advisory experience
• Experience in preparing and reviewing technical accounting papers in line with GAAP.
• Experience providing accounting guidance in relation to long term contract accounting
• Experience of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.