At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people: their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy, to our diversity and inclusion targets – we are making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The KPMG Restructuring Tax team is a fast-growing part of the KPMG tax practice. We are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record who are seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership and management team. The marketplace is diverse with a client base of large solvent groups looking to restructure, M&A activity where there may be distress and companies in an insolvency procedure. This current vacancy is for a Manager based in any location.
The successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships, develop junior staff, provide excellent client service and identify business development opportunities.
- Working as a member of the client service team to provide M&A Restructuring Tax Advisory services including:
- Providing restructuring tax advisory services to a variety of clients and overseeing the successful delivery of pragmatic, commercial and technically excellent advice involving tax due diligence, structuring, international and other advisory work
- Project managing specialists in other KPMG departments and overseas KPMG offices to oversee their input into tax advisory projects
- Working closely with other areas of the firm, such as transaction services and corporate finance to ensure excellent delivery of services to our clients while developing a network and identifying business opportunities
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and understanding the client’s business in order to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Ensuring that clients are kept up to date on developments within the corporate tax world that may affect their businesses
- Managing proposals for new work, including delivering tender documents, presenting at client pitches and identifying solutions
- Seeking out business development opportunities with clients and targets and actively participating with Senior Managers, Directors / Partners in business development activities
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
Qualifications and Skills:
Strong educational background (preferably 2:1 or higher University degree)
ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge
Experience and Background:
- Knowledge of the Restructuring market and insolvency frameworks
- Ability to develop and coach staff
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Pro-active in identifying and progressing business opportunities for the long-term benefit of both KPMG and the client
- Ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
- Inquisitive with attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and to explain these in a straight forward manner
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.