BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space programme, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technology.
We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering and non-engineering disciplines, both for those with space industry experience and those without.
Many roles come with opportunities for remote / hybrid working, working in our offices in Guildford and Great Baddow only when required.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies.
What you will be doing (role duties and responsibilities)
You will work as part of the Defence and Space Systems Engineering team to design, develop, integrate and test space and ground systems for a bold and exciting space systems project. You will be working with a team of skilled engineers to ensure the subsystem developments are coherent with the overall system architecture and requirements. You will develop and implement integration and test plans/procedures, perform subsystem and system integration, work with suppliers, carry out tests and document the results. You will use your problem solving skills and engineering know-how to identify faults and solutions, and will help to achieve technical maturity.
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated individual with a strong academic background in a relevant discipline, e.g. Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- System Integration experience for specialist hardware and software – beyond IT deployments
- Knowledge and application of systems engineering processes and functions
- Ability to both work in a fast-paced team environment and work productively on your own
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Experience with a range of test and integration engineering approaches, and ability to tailor approaches to the need
- Broad interest and/or experience in radio communications technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments
- A keen interest in the space sector and awareness of latest industry developments
- Experience throughout engineering lifecycle (system definition, design, build, test and operational deployment)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.