Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
A vacancy has arisen for a Systems Engineer / Senior Systems Engineer at our Plymouth location. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates with a varied level of experience.
At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil aircraft applications. To support our existing business and enable future growth we are seeking a Systems Engineer or a Senior Systems Engineer to join the team.
Key responsibilities will include some of the following:
- System requirements analysis, generation of requirement specifications and compliance tracking
- All aspects of the product development lifecycle
- System modelling, algorithm development and data analysis
- Design proving, qualification testing and reporting
- Providing inputs to planning, estimation and project management activities
- Support to systems integration and customer trials activities
The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Highly Desirable / Essential Experience
- Experience working in a Systems Engineering role on product design and development to military or civil aerospace standards.
- Experience of the full new product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
- Experience of product development incorporating software to DO-178B/C standards.
Useful / Desirable Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Mathematical modelling tools (e.g. Matlab)
- Kalman Filter, or similar, design, implementation and test
- Inertial navigation
- GPS systems
- Model-based Systems Design
- Integration of systems, hardware or software with military or civil aircraft
- Design certification to EASA / FAA standards
- Management of technical teams and/or project lead experience
- International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline or equivalent demonstrable knowledge and/or experience.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.