Role: Systems Engineer
Req ID: 177991BR
The Weapons area primarily supports the design, development, production and integration activities associated with Weapon Systems. The Engineering Team conducts numerous development studies and investigation activities involving weapon performance and platform interfacing.
There is an opportunity for someone to join the Weapons team and contribute to its strategic development and growth. This role is ideally suited to an engineer with experience in the Defence industry with a focus on future systems.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful candidate will report directly to the Systems Lead. The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Defence Business in Raytheon UK, delivering engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide
The successful candidate will be part of the team looking to develop future opportunities for the Weapons business. This will include
Developing relationships to form strategic alliances with other Defence Contractors.
Act as a technical interface with potential team-mates / suppliers as well as Customers and internal Stakeholders.
• Systems engineering experience with Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience and the ability to think clearly and in a structured fashion
• Work with the Weapons team to assist in the implementation of our advanced weapons development strategy. This will involve working with the Modelling and Simulation team and other Systems Engineers
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbally – this will be required both internally (with other functional teams e.g. Business Development) and externally (with Suppliers / Customers)
• Demonstrable ability to converse with the Suppliers / Customers on a technical level and present technical data
• Experience of analysing and reporting on technical data
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
• Understanding of technical requirements and the ability to develop Con-Ops
• Willing and able to travel throughout UK and possibly overseas
• Degree in an engineering (or related) subject
• Experience using DOORS
• Experience of planning, estimating and defining engineering tasks
• Understanding of ITAR
• Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience
• Familiarity with principles of operation of guidance systems, datalinks, navigation, aerodynamics and control systems
• Knowledge of weapon effects and explosives
• Experience in generic Systems Architecture e.g. Sys ML
• Knowledge of the certification process as part of the overall system lifecycle.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
• Flexible Benefits scheme.
• Discretionary Bonus scheme.
• Enhanced family friendly policies.
• 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
• Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.