Pratt & Whitney, a division of RTX, Design, manufactures and builds turbine engines for the aerospace and industrial applications. For our growing business in the UK / EU Region, we are looking to hire Supplier Quality Assurance Representative (SQAR). This post will be remote working requiring regular travel as needed.
Key Duties, Responsibilities and Job Competencies of SQAR
Process Certification / 6 Sigma:
- Greenbelt / (Blackbelt preferred but not essential) with evidence of project usage. Analyze and drive the need for process capability using statistical process control methods.
- PPAP experience – Facilitate events to create Process maps, FMEA, and control plans.
- Provide guidance to supply base and drive Measurement System Analysis (Gage R&R).
- Monitor supplier performance and drive supplier Quality Improvement initiatives.
B) Inspection Methods/ Equipment:
- Understands basic inspection / layout techniques and be able to recommend and approve suitable methods.
- Review Inspection output for Proper application of Datum’s and reporting of inspection results.
- Review supplier Inspection methods / correlations and suggest improvements.
- Apply / combine knowledge of inspection techniques, blue print interpretation, Quality Systems and specification knowledge to verify product.
- Working knowledge of use of measuring instruments, Gauges in product inspections.
- Ability to read and interpret quality specifications.
C) Problem Resolution Skills:
- Utilize problem resolution techniques such as 8D’s, DMAIC or DIVE to drive root cause investigations.
- Quality clinic experience.
- Review and test corrective action effectiveness.
- Be able to coordinate with PWA internal teams on defect investigation and resolution.
D) Blue Print interpretation:
- Understand Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to standard ASME Y 14.5 or PWA’s blueprint drafting norms (PWA 360) and apply it to real-life situations.
- Be able to have discussions with PWA Engineering on interpretation and when needed, suggest changes to print through deviations.
E) Aerospace Quality Systems:
- Understand Aerospace Quality systems AS9100 and facilitate implementation of Quality Management systems at new suppliers.
- Carry out Product / Quality audits to AS9100 at suppliers to ensure effective compliance and drive improvements.
- FAI review and approval within Net-Inspect.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mentor/coach supplier DQR candidates for over inspection activity.
- Work closely with PWA Quality, Engineering and suppliers to eliminate challenges that may affect quality and delivery requirements.
- Good Team Player.
- Must have a minimum of 5/10 years’ experience within Aerospace Product Quality.
- Served a formalized engineering apprenticeship in Aerospace.
- Engineering Degree preferred but not essential.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.