BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
About The Team
We have a couple of open Summer Intern positions to join our Financial Services Product team, which is at the centre of the business’ financial crime prevention and compliance activity.
We are hiring summer interns with
- Strong interest in Product Development to help us build the next generation of our platform
- Strong interest in Continuous Integration, Automation and Monitoring processes, to help improve our processes to deliver high quality product and release frequently
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of an agile development team in our Product Engineering group.
- Get as such involved in the entire development cycle of feature development, continuous integration, automation, monitoring
- Guided by experienced engineers and architects, develop features or tools to help build our next-gen BAE’s product for running Compliance and Anti-Fraud solutions for Financial Institutions.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, fluent English is essential
- Familiarity with software design, development and testing
- Knowledge of CI/CD concept
- General understanding of Cloud based software (experience with AWS is a plus)
- Strong appetite to learn new technologies
- Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
Any of the following are nice to have:
- Experience with Typescript, Java or Bash/shellscript
- Knowledge of code repositories: e.g. GIT
- Understanding of Software Development lifecycle and knowledge of best practices (e.g. DDD, TDD, source control, change management)
- Understanding of one or more Agile development methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.