BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
This role will be expected to lead and manage the procurement activity for bids/projects in support of business winning and follow on sub-contract management of defined areas of responsibility as allocated. It is expected that a Procurement Manager will deliver an optimized service, quality and cost offering to the customers of Procurement (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver sustainable (measurable) service excellence through demonstrable customer satisfaction.
Reporting to a BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Head of Procurement (HoP), these positions sit within the wider Procurement function and will have responsibility for various programmes within Business Units, Capabilities and functions, either supporting bids or running the subcontract activities within large contracts.
This role will be expected to lead and manage the procurement activity for strategic bids/projects in support of business winning and follow on sub-contract management of defined areas of responsibility as allocated.
It is expected that a Procurement Manager will deliver an optimized service, quality and cost offering to the customers of Procurement (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver sustainable (measurable) service excellence through demonstrable customer satisfaction. To recognize, understand and contribute towards the medium to long-term objectives of Procurement and to support the HoP in the execution of the BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Integrated Business Plan (IBP).
The Procurement Manager will manage all subcontract activities in conjunction with technical team including subcontract construct, negotiation, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery, whilst adhering to the policies and governance in the Procurement function.
What you’ll be doing
- As part of bid or project teams support/lead/manage on the subcontract shaping, drafting and negotiation of subcontracts and manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from supplier base.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Undertake vendor assessment and identify opportunities to develop supply base.
- Establish and maintain effective KPI’s to enable accurate measurement of performance.
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required and, where approved by HoP, take ownership of development/improvement tasks within Procurement.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and become an advocate for Procurement.
- Support the HoP to ensure the objectives of the Procurement function and Bid Support & Delivery team are delivered and the Procurement transformation plan, business improvement and development and knowledge sharing across the Bid Support & Delivery team.
- Work to the appropriate standard, safety and policies.
- In addition to the above, when undertaking contract management duties:
- Follow the contract review procedure defined in the contract and over lay with any additional business requirements and the supplier management process
- Ensure adherence to the schedules and undertake any corrective action necessary with suppliers
- Where performance issues are identified undertake supplier improvement plans
- Support the development and adoption of SRM where identified for a contract/supplier
- Work with the suppliers to demonstrate improvement within the contract term
- Identify where suppliers could provide additional benefit within the business and work with the wider Procurement to start engagements.
- Where specified by the HoP, the Procurement Manager will have specific responsibilities for a Business Unit/Region/Function. This will involve:
- Identifying the Key Stakeholders who can influence, sponsor or support the procurement strategies.
- Managing and developing these relationships to provide:
- The stakeholders with a clear understanding of the value add Procurement can provide, including looking at make/buy decisions
- Understanding of the business strategies & objectives in this area
- The prioritised pipeline information for the key deals that will require support by Procurement
- Understanding of solutions that are repeatable, liaising & supporting the category team to ensure the underlying supply chain is in place
- relevant KPI and spend information
- Any specific risks.
- Share the above gathered information with the wider Procurement function to assist in planning and knowledge sharing activities.
- Provide the area with updates on bids in their area or Procurement wide initiatives that will affect them.
- Act as escalation point for all matters in the area.
What we’re looking for
- This role requires a solid procurement background and a good understanding of complex technical IT programmes, consulting, software product development or cyber security solutions
- Previous Procurement and Subcontract experience in an IT environment and managed services; establishing and managing subcontracts in large (> £50M) prime contractor projects within IT/IS domain.
- Subcontract commercial management of large prime contract solutions within HMG and commercial business sectors.
- Establishing and managing overseas export subcontract partners.
- Financial management experience of complex subcontracts.
- In depth experience across strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and forming supplier relationships
- Ability to drive supplier analysis, evaluation, selection and maintain supplier strategy.
- The ability to deliver tangible project savings in a challenging environments
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues.
- Strong IT skills and a high level of communication skills
- Ability to liaise and influence key Stakeholders.
- Good degree in relevant subject.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
- Managing and developing these relationships to provide:
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.