UK017-Leighton Buzzard, United KingdomCollins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Lead Stress Engineer to join the team in Leighton Buzzard (UK).
- The Stress department is currently of 50 engineers located in 5 location globally, which 12 are in Leighton Buzzard
- The Lead Stress Engineer will report into the Senior Manager for analysis
- Overlooking different disciplines within the department will have the opportunity to learn about structure certification, weight and fluid dynamic.
- Opportunity to progress within technical management structure
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants.
- Building, leading and developing a team of Stress, Weight and CFD Engineers with an appropriate mix of skills to deliver the engineering solutions.
- Providing technical leadership and direction to the team
- Collate and maintain effective planning and tracking tools for team forecasting and monitoring purposes.
- Collate, maintain and interrogate KPI, to track, report and improve departmental performance.
- Plan and support engineer’s developments towards CAA and M1020 delegated signatory and CVE status.
- Maintain department tool, methods, procedures and work instruction.
- Creating and supporting Individual Development Plans and reviewing performance against goals
- Act as delegate for Engineering Manager Stress where and when required.
Experience and Skills
- Technical proficiency in the theory and practice of area of specialty – awareness and knowledge of structural certification requirements for passenger aircraft interiors.
- Good working knowledge of current EASA and FAA regulations in particular CS-25
- Good working knowledge of Nastran/Patran/FEMAP or other finite element analysis software
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Good team working and work ethic
- Beneficial possession of CAA and/or M1020 delegated signatory and/or CVE status or equivalent
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as a healthcare cashback scheme. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.