Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Strategic Buyer to join the team in Leighton Buzzard.
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants. It is our expectation for this role to be of a hybrid working arrangement (Home/Office).
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and develop strategies to realize savings
- Lead or support the implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Working with the potential suppliers and the program team, identify opportunities to reduce weight and cost, and address quality issues
- Ensure the suppliers are ‘rate ready’ to support production
- Support and work closely with the Tactical Procurement team to ensure supplier performance is in line with required and contracted terms
- Identify supply chain risks and develop strategy to minimize impact
- Together with the commodity manager, develop the commodity by managing projects that would include the preparation of business cases and commodity profiles
- Establish and maintain networks internally and externally
- Monitoring and reporting supplier performance to compliment objectives on delivery and inventory
- Ensure conformance to departmental procedures in all activities
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing supply chain strategies
- Proven background in creating, identifying, developing and implementing cost savings strategies to realize savings
- Results and detail oriented with the focused and committed to meet deadlines as well as business objectives
- Proven track record of achievement in a relevant manufacturing position and an understanding of technical topics
- Proficient in intermediate Excel and adept with other Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, the ability to buy holidays, a cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.