Job title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Gloucester or Manchester
Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester or Manchester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
Summary of the role:
To design, develop and maintain applications and systems, to rapidly prototype designs and to deploy and maintain these systems in a public or private cloud.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Resolve problems in an holistic manner at an enterprise scale
- Building and setting up development tools and infrastructure
- Understand the needs of project stakeholders and convey this to developers
- Automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cyber-security threats
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and solutions
- Work with software developers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and work as intended
- Candidate Requirements:
- Significant experience of working and deploying with cloud technologies: AWS or Azure including infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Significant experience in building and deploying large-scale applications in Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines;
- Significant experience of using container platform and orchestration systems ECS, AKS, Kubernetes/helm/Docker
- Significant experience of source code management e.g. Git
- Significant knowledge of automation, integration tools such as Jenkins, Concourse CI or cloud equivalents
- Strong proficiency in scripting languages
- Significant experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- For roles including line management responsibilities, previous line management experience of a similar team size is required
- Desirable skills of interest
- Professional Scrum Qualification or equivalent experience
- Good behaviours
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Ability to work independently towards non-specific strategic goals
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.