Hays Technology is looking for a Solutions Engineering Manager to manage dedicated Quality engineers that incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Waterfall & Agile/Lean software development methodologies.
What you will be doing:
- Reviews requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Sets quality engineering technology strategy and direction; partners with business stakeholders and influences overall strategy and use of testing capabilities
- Ensures the creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Oversee and manage estimating, prioritising, planning and coordination of testing activities
Who you will be working for:
The UK’s leading energy provider.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or in related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong demonstrable experience working in the technology industry with significant experience in a leadership role.
- Experience leading complex quality engineering teams as part of a large multi-year, business-critical technology program
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Thorough knowledge of Agile software delivery models (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Ability to promote and role model a team-oriented environment
- Ability to lead technology teams in different locations in US
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications & Tools:
- Software Testing Certification (e.g. Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL); Certified Software Tester (CSTE); Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP))
- Experience working in the energy/utility industry
- Neoload, HP LR, Selenium, Rest Assured, Appium, Test NG, UFT, Jira, XRAY, Confluence, JMeter
What you will get in return:
Working in the Utilities industry certainly has its rewards and this role is no exception. An excellent salary is on offer for this position with an unrivalled pension scheme. In addition to this you will receive 25 days holiday exclusive of bank holidays, plus a great flexible working programme in place with the option to split your time between working from home and working in the office.
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application!
I am a Consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Software Development & Testing for the Midlands, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principles of customer service and delivery – I thrive on delivering for our clients.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Software development skills have never been needed more. We are talking – all the time – to organisations who are relying on the increased need for easy to use websites and software, and the professionals who build them, so whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your cyber career, talk to us today.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.