This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced technology organisation as they seek to
re-platform the communications products and platforms onto a new cloud-native architecture. As
a senior technologist, you will own the vision and roadmap of the future-state architecture,
working closely with stakeholders across the business to design solutions that meet the needs of
our business and customers today, but also for our growth and future acquisitions.
What you will be doing.
- Be responsible for the vision, design and roadmap of our future-state architecture
- Align platform and product delivery with the future-state architecture by working collaboratively with Commify and strategic scaled-partner engineering teams
- Identify and migrate pockets of excellence from multiple platforms and incorporate them into a unified end-state enabling the teams to retire our legacy platforms and products
- Keep abreast of technological advances in cloud PaaS, helping to steer and prototype with engineering teams on technical choices to solve platform and product goals
- Have an appreciation of cyber-security and how to use cloud best practices to secure our platforms as part of the overall architectural design
- Ensure that NFRs (usability, reliability, availability, adaptability, manageability, maintainability, performance and security), are met to the standards required
- Leading design activities across business functions with multiple stakeholders by discovering and analysing requirements, understanding the context, identifying and assessing alternative solutions and advising on buy vs build and costs
- Contribute towards the tech radar, helping to capture the evolution of technologies used to build our platform and products along with architecture design decisions
- Chair regular Architecture Guilds, promoting the great work and ideas across technology which are being considered or prototypes developed for consideration
- Support the business with M&A, helping to run effective technical due-diligences and providing clarity around risks and opportunities
Who you will be working for.
Our client is one of Europe’s largest and most successful mobile business messaging companies.
What we are looking for.
- Experience leading decoupled / event-driven architectural designs for SaaS platforms in high throughput and high availability cloud environments using both PaaS and IaaS
- Experience in delivering Azure or AWS cloud native solutions including migrating platforms from on-premise to the cloud
- Experience of delivering enterprise solutions for SME organisations, with a solid background in designing and implementing application and distributed architectures
- Able to understand technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk to help define and articulate a recommend solution, focussing on the best business outcome
- Strong experience in working with business and technology stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical designs
- Experience of looking beyond the immediate technical problem and identifying the wider implications; building solutions into the architecture to remove similar challenges
- Experience of producing and setting an architecture strategy for technology that meets business needs; able to create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies and
- A good understanding of data modelling and master data management
- Worked with architectures of varying complexity and sizes (n-tier, SOA, event-driven and
- Proven experience designing web architectures that scale on demand using cloud best practices for high traffic web applications and APIs, serving millions of requests per day
- Have a software engineering background, having worked with teams to build and scale products and platforms
What you’ll get in return
You will receive a salary up to £90,000 per annum plus an attractive benefits package
Flexible working options available.
I am a recruiter based in Nottingham specialising in recruiting permanent Developers for private sector organisations in the East Midlands. I work in partnership with my candidates to ensure I am finding the best possible opportunities.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. So whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your tech career, talk to us today.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.