96-99 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE, UK
Collins Aerospace, as part of Raytheon Technologies, is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with the Airports Business Unit. As a Solutions Architect you will work across the Airport’s solutions space, covering passenger handling, through to aircraft scheduling. You will help the team define innovative solutions combining Collins’ products with third party products, to deliver on-premise and cloud-based solutions. Working with the business you will assist in generating roadmaps taking Collins Aerospace Airports, from the current state to cutting edge future state, taking advantage of the latest technologies.
Reporting to the Platform Engineering Lead, working across the Product Line Managers, define technical solution architecture to enable product growth matching the Airports market need
- Take high level business requirements, deriving constituent parts and identifying latest technologies to address the requirement
- Develop business, application, systems, data, services and solution architectures
- Design and maintain target technical architecture for the Airports business unit’s portfolio of products and services
- Devise technical product roadmaps enabling migration from the current state to the targeted future state
- Identify and researching contemporary technologies applicable in addressing product and market needs.
- Fulfilling the role of technical liaison between Global Product Management (GPM), the Airports BU, and the Engineering team.
- Ensure the team follows organizational Operating Procedures relating to approvals, reviews, workflows, and deliverables.
- Facilitates the move to Data Centric solutions
Advocate, across the Engineering team, best practice industry architecture frameworks, in the development of customer solutions.
- Ensuring that design and development work undertaken within the Engineering team is aligned to the approved technical architecture
Use deep knowledge of cloud capabilities and platforms, taking advantage of cloud service providers (e.g. serverless architectures) in designing and implementing contemporary architectural solutions.
- Satisfying all applicable cybersecurity considerations.
Engaging at all levels of customer, generating technical proposals and solutions to their business problems, in a collaborative fashion.
Participation in, and influencing of, Industry bodies and standards groups to align with Collins interests.
- Attending industry events and standards making bodies, proactively sharing the information and intelligence derived from these across the Engineering team and the wider organization.
Working with the software developers plan, design and review the construction of APIs, providing direction and guidance that ensure compliance with standards and requirements.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related field, or in the absence of a degree, significant and demonstrable’ experience in a relevant industrial area
- Holds one or more Cloud certifications (such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Microsoft Azure Architect Design)
- Demonstrated development across contemporary application architectures, cloud computing, IT infrastructure, networks, IT governance and IT security
- Communicate technical concepts and designs using Enterprise Architect, Visio and other contemporary tools.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Experience of working with a range of different technologies and/or products addressing rules engines, database management systems, data lakes, data modelling and data analytics.
- Experience with Agile, DevSecOps, and other SDLC methodologies
- Experience with architecting security designs in compliance with security regulations
- Experience of Airports and Air Transport Industry solution products and services
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career?
Join our Avionics team today
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Flexible working from Day 1
• 25 days of vacation
• Competitive pay package
• Company pension plan
• Corporate health insurance
• Career Development Opportunities
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
in accordance with our ‘ Baseline Security ‘ requirements,
will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business.
These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.