BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Software Test Engineer
Test Engineering is the gatekeeper to the quality of our deliveries to our customers around the world. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The test engineer has the opportunity to work across the system lifecycle from test definition to customer acceptance and can directly influence the outcome of our projects.
The role interfaces both with our development teams (at sprint level to influence design discussions around testable and reusable code), project teams (at System Acceptance) and delivery functions (at User Acceptance).
Essential skills and knowledge
- Experience of managing a group of testers
- Experience of creating Test Strategies and Plans
- Test Management software (Zephyr, HP ALM preferred)
- Convert Customer/Product Requirements to effective test/use cases
- Experience of system testing, preferably with some exposure to low level (i.e. non GUI) testing
- Experience of investigating root causes of discovered issues and providing corrective actions – either individually or in conjunction with the development team
- Ability to evaluate test results against customer requirements
- Defect Tracking and Knowledge Management software (Atlassian JIRA and Confluence preferred)
- Ability to create comprehensive test execution reports with metrics
- Promote test engineering within the company
Essential competencies and experience
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies
- Experience in planning, estimating and designing system testing
- Test case design and execution to meet functional / use case requirements
- Upper intermediate English (ability to clearly communicate with English speakers in the workplace)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer facing skills
Desirable competencies and experience
- ISTQB Advanced Qualification
- WebAPI testing and tools
- Some level of Knowledge in computer networking and protocol(TCP, IP, UDP, DHCP, NTP,SSL, HTTP, IMAP,etc)
- Knowledge about Big Data environment and ecosystem
- Experience of working in Linux environment
- Some Knowledge on network protocol analyser tools ( wireshark, tcpdump, etc)
- Shell scripting and python experience for test automation
- Security Check (minimum) clearance or the ability to gain it
- Opportunity for travel, including international travel
- Flexible working options (project dependent)
- Competitive benefits package including pension, share incentives, private health care etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: Commercial Solutions
BAE Systems has been in the business of protecting some of the world’s most important assets and networks for over 100 years. We apply the same techniques, intelligence and strategy used in defending nations and governments to businesses as well. That’s us – Commercial Solutions – a division of BAE Systems that specializes in providing businesses around the globe with the products and services they need to stay protected in today’s connected world.
We offer a broad portfolio of on premise, managed and cloud-based products and services that are proven to protect our clients against financial crime and persistent cyber attackers.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.