BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
What we are made of:
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK National Security sector.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge and our breadth across a variety of projects will enable you to do this.
What you will do for us:
Primarily we want people who can code.
Java is at the heart of what we do – so you’ll have to know your way around this to hit the ground running, but you could work with a range of technologies (listed below).
We need people with various levels of experience at coding – from those reasonably early on their careers who need some support, to those of you who are at the very top of your game.
Name dropping just some tech we use:
If you have experience in this tech, it sounds like you are exactly the kind of person we are after. If not, we hope you’d like to learn it!
How we will support you:
- Coaching and supportive environment
- Opportunities to lead teams for those who want to, but it’s not mandatory. If you are happy with your headphones on and head down that’s fine too – we do like team players though
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get up to 30 days holiday a year via our flexible benefits package
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career. You’ll have a career manager and get involved with innovation days, so you can develop your career aspirations
- You’ll be part of a bonus scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance for when you need it
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing
What you will learn:
- We will help you keep up to date with the latest cutting-edge tools and new technologies, although in some cases you’ll be the one helping us!
- Software Development in Java and Web technologies
- Some of you will get involved with extending and improving Open Source Software, others will be all about Cloud, for others Database technologies; ultimately you’ll learn how to flex your skillset to a variety of projects
- Want to try a new field or technology? You will have access to hundreds of projects that are on-going within UK National Security. We actively support role rotations, so you can continue to learn and develop your career on new projects
If this sounds like you, it’s time to get in touch.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.