BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes – often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces – some of the most skilled people in the world – enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
Activities can vary from creating a new development network, to architecting and implementing a new build, test and release pipeline. Automation is at the heart of everything we do, whenever there is a task that needs to be performed more than once, it gets automated as a priority.
The core technology stack that the team works with is: RHEL based Linux, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Atlassian Suite, Nexus, Yum, Python, Bash, Virtual and Physical systems.
The role is to provide a centralised point within the Product Engineering teams for all DevOps skills and allow teams to benefit from a knowledge pool. The role particularly focuses on the ‘build’ end of the pipeline by providing Continuous Integration expertise, guidance and implementation to allow projects to be delivered smoothly and to a high standard.
Typical day-to-day activities include:
- DevOps assistance including:
- Designing & implementing build pipelines
- Configuration of Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins)
- Developing deployment strategies for projects/products
- Support/Maintenance of build & development platforms
- Working on centralised tools that can be used across the Product Engineering teams
- Evaluation of new platforms & technologies – Cloud platforms, Orchestration, Monitoring
- Definition and implementation of the Product Teams DevOps roadmap, to help move away from Puppet to a more flexible and sustainable technology
What background are we looking for?
Desired Technical Ability
- CI Skills
- Jenkinsfiles (desirable)
- Usage understanding
- Git – CLI & GUI
- Linux admin
- Scripting – Bash, Python, Groovy
- Windows Admin
- Atlassian API
- Good problem solving aptitude
- Ability to consider the ‘wider’ picture
- Requirements gathering/refining skills
- Calm under pressure (support issues/outages)
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.