Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions – whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionised systems for specialised aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow.
Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We are currently seeking a C++ Software Engineer reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, Simulation Solutions & Services, Mission systems. This role involves the design and development of real-time visual simulation software, and applications & tools to support the building of synthetic environment databases used on visual systems for military & commercial simulation applications.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and document software of moderate to high complexity.
- Expand capability of existing solutions by taking into account advancements in techniques and changes to requirements.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and scrutiny in area of domain expertise and capable of producing engineering estimates for specific tasks.
- Perform debugging and integration of software components above and below currently developed software.
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in the definition, integration, verification, and validation of products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Customer Focus
- Contribute to the debugging of customer interface issues with the real-time visual software which may include occasional visits to customer sites.
- Identify the root cause of moderate to complex software issues and systems issues using appropriate debug and investigation tools.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide a methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, self-motivated to achieve key milestones, expands domain knowledge to stretch the product capability
- Demonstrates the ability to follow through on work assignments with little to no further prompting and raises any potential issues found to leadership.
- Is able to provide status of work assignments at any time and has shown the ability to improve based on past mistakes.
- Demonstrates proactive collaboration across domains in order to drive engineering development activities forward.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) Discipline or, in the absence of a bachelor’s degree, substantial related experience
- Software development language – C++
- OpenGL or DirectX
- Software development languages – C#, Python
- Operating System – Windows
- IDE – Visual Studio
- UML design tools
- Agile software development
- Experience of visual simulation and training systems software
- Ability to attain UK Security Clearance (SC)
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibilities. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.