BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Software Engineer role will involve innovation and development of new cutting edge products, mentoring and coaching other engineers (depending on grade) and supporting technical bid and project activities. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the world in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The role interfaces both with our wider development teams, and clients as required.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Strong C++ and Java
- Experience of modern libraries including STL, Apache libraries (NiFi etc)
- Good grasp of networking fundamentals.
- Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly.
- Proven problem-solving and fault-finding skills
- Evidence of innovation and initiative
- Linux development experience
- Windows development experience
- Experience of scripting languages
Essential competencies and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Desirable competencies and experience
- Scripting languages e.g. Ruby, Python, Bash
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems
- Experience with automated build and continuous integration suites
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
- Defect Tracking software (JIRA preferred)
- Experience planning, estimating and designing system components
- Customer facing skills
- VoIP/VTC standards
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.