PwC is a market leading provider of cyber security services to major organisations worldwide. Our global team of over 4,850 cybersecurity professionals includes specialised consultants, former law enforcement officials, forensic investigators, intelligence analysts, data scientists, legal professionals and industry leaders in cyber security and privacy. We are rated as a leader by multiple industry analysts for Global, EMEA and Asia-Pacific Cybersecurity Consulting services.
Our Threat Intelligence team provides subscription and bespoke research services to global clients, supports our incident response and Managed Cyber Defence threat hunting services, and collaborates with our adversary emulation team on the tools and techniques used by cyber threat actors. The team tracks several hundred threat actors, ranging from organised crime to state affiliated groups, originating from more than 25 countries. Our bespoke technology platforms and automation are important to our success as we continue to scale, ensuring that analysts have robust tools to collect and analyse data, and our clients have reliable access to our intelligence products.
- Develop a range of automated tools / systems, both to interface with third party APIs and to directly collect bespoke data for our threat intelligence team.
- Build and maintain a client facing REST API used by our customers to access PwC intellectual property, and associated technologies such as Slack bots.
- Build and maintain internal tools, systems and REST APIs used by the team, for example to publish and distribute finished intelligence reporting, and maintain internal databases of technical intelligence. Provide oversight, challenge and input to capability development, proposition development and thought leadership initiatives.
- Collaborate with other service owners (for instance managed security monitoring service owners) to support them in consuming our intelligence in their services in an automated fashion.
- Liaise with internal security teams during the development and launch of new technologies, ensuring we follow best practices and firmwide procedures.
- Contribute to internal documentation for both technical (devops) and non-technical (analyst, customer) audiences.
- Provide mentoring and oversight to other developers to help the team grow and develop.
- Help to grow PwC’s reputation in the cyber security market, building trusted relationships with external partners
We’re looking for passionate and motivated developers to join our team and build the tools we use to streamline and automate data collection, analysis and reporting.
You will ideally have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Liaising with users to collect requirements, prioritise tasks and plan development sprints – balancing development of new capability with maintenance of existing systems.
- Building, testing, deploying, and maintaining automation tools using modern development practices (Python and Golang).
- Building and maintaining REST APIs and web applications using Python / JS (Flask / FastAPI / AJAX).
- Using PaaS / IaaS components from cloud providers, such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), including K8s / AppEngine.
- Integrating disparate systems and data sources into analytical platforms, or orchestrating actions via APIs across multiple systems.
- Using data storage solutions including MySQL / Elasticsearch / Datastore and analysis techniques including Cloud Dataflow and BigQuery (or equivalent).
- Deploying code using CI/CD, including the designing of pipelines and use of containers and appropriate security hardening for internet facing services.
- Documenting throughout the lifecycle of a project, both for end users and other developers.
- Debugging / Refactoring problems, including existing systems, to diagnose and fix issues that arise.
Desirable skills for this role include:
- Familiarity with the intelligence lifecycle, and mechanisms for collecting data safely, legally and ethically.
- Familiarity with common tools or platforms used in threat intelligence teams, such as malware sandboxes, threat intelligence platforms, visualisation and link analysis tools.
- Managing a small team of developers, aligned to the principles above, to achieve goals agreed with business needs.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.