BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
You will be working across all facets of software delivery, developing software for an advanced telecoms data processing solution. Initially, you will be trained extensively in the languages and tools needed to develop the solution, the solution itself, and on software engineering best practice. You will be trained at a number of our European locations, bringing you face to face with some of our top talent and enabling you to absorb the culture of our organisation first-hand.
You will go on to build software to handle petabyte scale data volumes, including one of the world’s largest SQL Server instances. You will work with world-class developers, contributing to an advanced solution containing genuinely innovative IP that makes a real difference, in order to protect people, communities, and organisations around the world.
What you will be doing
You will work with architects, senior programmers, project managers and other internal stakeholders, with a typical working week including:
- Designing, developing, integrating, testing and debugging modules of code
- Supporting, maintaining and documenting software functionality
- Analysing network captured test data samples
- Working on performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation
- Developing innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Working independently and within a wider team with minimal supervision
- Reviewing, maintaining, and if necessary repairing legacy code
- Integrating new software into the existing solution
- A degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computing, or a related discipline
- Programming experience in C++ language
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong C++ knowledge, including practical experience of using the Standard Template Library (STL), Boost, C++ design patterns, and C++ templates
- Practical experience of multi-threading in C++
- Telecommunications working experience or technological knowledge.
- Experience working with Wireshark
- Relational database experience
- Solid Linux development experience (experience of gcc and gdb)
- Previous usage of automated build and continuous integration suites
- Previous experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- private medical care
- lunch voucher
- multi-sport card
- social events
- cross company free share program
- life insurance
The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.