BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime prevention, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation.
Applied Intelligence Laboratories (AI Labs) is the research and technology arm of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence business. In partnership with the other businesses and educational establishments with whom we work, we innovate and develop to transform aspiration and vision into engineered reality.
We provide research & development, consultancy, specialist manufacturing and technical services for Applied Intelligence and other BAE Systems businesses. Additionally, our expertise helps the UK MoD, US Department of Defence, European Defence Agency, UK Sport, universities and other leading innovative organisations to achieve their goals.
AI Labs is based in Great Baddow, near Chelmsford, Essex.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as DSP-FPGA developers in one of our software defined radio development teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
What you will be doing… (Role Duties and Responsibilities)
In this role you will:
- Take the technical lead on projects including the direction of more junior staff
- Develop new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- Develop & maintain key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions to support new business and awareness of the state-of-the-art
- Work with bright, enthusiastic and committed people in one of our small client-focussed engineering teams.
- Scope, plan and be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to agreed timescales.
- Have a strong interest in expanding technical knowledge both in areas of core expertise and more generally.
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in line with AI processes and governance
What we are looking for… (Skills and Experience)
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics from a top tier university (typically 2:1 or 1st), as well as strong A Levels (typically AA in Maths and Physics).
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically >10 years’ experience in an engineering or technology based environment
- Prior responsibility for technical delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Broad interest in wireless technology and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent team working abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL).
- Understanding of radio communications
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Range of other development skills, including one or more of the following: embedded software (C), C++, Java, JSP.
- Understanding of digital and/or analogue hardware design with some hands-on laboratory experience of debug/set-to-work.
Occasional travel may be required in this role to visit customer sites for demonstrations, installations, handovers or reviews.
An SC level security clearance is required for this role, and candidates should already have, or be capable of obtaining UK SC clearance.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.