Crawley, United Kingdom (IMS INC)
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently seeking a Software Architect to join our team in Crawley, West Sussex.
- Understand distributed systems, event sourcing and eventually consistent systems.
- All stages of the software development life-cycle – planning, documentation implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Focus on the early stages of the project and product lifecycle – support the scoping, planning, various stages of design, and estimation
- Design application back end systems – APIs and Databases.
- Create architectural designs
- Work closely with team leads and product owners.
- Decompose product and customer requirements and produce high quality design documentation.
- Take responsibility for design, build and tracking of features using agile processes.
- Maintain alignment between core software components and diverse product offerings
- Champion CI/CD
- Strong end to end understanding of systems, data flow, data design and microservice architecture
- Expert knowledge of architectural design patterns
- Event sourcing
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of PHP, Python or NodeJS.
- Web services and APIs.
- Unit and integration testing
- Development on Linux/Unix based systems and good knowledge of Linux.
- Requirements analysis and technical documentation.
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery.
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT.
- Familiar with cloud, such as AWS
- Open to using agile processes
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as computer science or engineering. In the absence of a degree, significant and proven experience is required.
- Demonstrable commercial development experience.
We are located in Crawley, UK near Gatwick airport. Crawley has good access to London and the South Coast with good transportation links and Crawley has a whole host of amenities to keep you occupied.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package whilst working a 40 hour working week, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
What we can offer you:
• Worklife Balance
• Flexible Working
• Family Friendly/Wellbeing policies
• Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
• Career Progression Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.