Aviva UK now has openings for Software Architects to join our growing team. In this position, you’ll be responsible for building and owning the development of our products. This person will be working in collaboration with Product Owners, Architects and Security specialists to bring to life the product roadmap, which will include functional, regression, performance, and security testing.
Within Aviva, we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, passionate about delivering small, value driven improvements often. We achieve this with our scrum teams that include developers, testers, BAs and solution designers to build brand-new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
Aviva has introduced “smart-working”, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable regularly travelling to our offices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving cutting edge developments and strategies in both software and cloud technologies
- Be happy leading more than one initiative at a time
- Owning and governing the life cycle of a key product, these will include things like code quality, CI/CD pipelines and cost analysis of solutions
- Mentor other members of the team, helping and guiding their progression
- Striving for automation to reduce our time to market
- Incident management and response – 2nd line
- Ensuring solutions comply with our operating model
- Identifying and implementing cases for reuse across the estate
- Actively appraising the technical landscape for opportunities to improve our estate and ultimately the customer experience
Skills & experiences required:
- Significant experience leading sophisticated products and solutions
- Solid grasp of design patterns
- Reactive programming
- Asynchronous and parallel programming techniques
- Advanced debugging skills e.g., memory dump analysis
- Defining flexible API surfaces using tools such as Open API
- TDD / BDD
- Basic familiarity of Linux and Windows administration
- .NET stack (C#, Threading, MVC, Web API, Redis, Postgres, XUnit, Selenium)
- Java stack (Java 8+, Spring Boot, Reactive, JUnit, Mockito, Unix OS scripting, Redis, Postgres)
- Any Financial services, especially insurance industry experience, would be great to see
Aviva is focusing on AWS, Azure, containerisation, K8s, Docker and Domain Driven Design (DDD) going forward, so it would be wonderful to see any familiarity with:
- Managing and working with global sourcing partners on complex deliveries
- Certifications in core AWS/Azure/GCP cloud technology
- Event driven exposure
- Ports and adapters architecture
- Azure DevOps / GitHub
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £75,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.