About the company: We are a London based start-up providing managed security services to our fast-growing client base. We sell security services to customers based in Sub-Saharan Africa and are looking for a SOC Engineer to join our fast-growing SOC team.
About the role: This is a hands-on technical role where you will be expected to work closely with the SOC manager to assist in the delivery of current and new SOC services to a growing client base.
Working in a start-up this role has massive potential for growth, with exciting and ambitious networking projects planned for the immediate and near future that we would expect the successful applicant to play a key role in the delivery of these projects.
You will be empowered to make technical and design decisions with recommendations that best fit customer requirements and the SOC manager’s vision. You will be expected to work with the SOC manager and customers to overcome issues that may arise during the deployment/configuration phase and find creative technical solutions. Looking to the future, the Engineer will be responsible for supporting BAU operation within the SOC, including rule creation and review (tuning), SIEM upgrades and updates, and continuous monitoring to ensure service availability.
Desired Technical Skills for Success:
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCNA, CySA+, Network+, or relevant SIEM specific deployment/admin accreditation
- Experience in design and creation of networking solutions
- Development, Configuration and/or deployment experience with any industry leading SIEM and SOAR platform (including rule creation).
- Strong networking knowledge
- Knowledge of a programming language such as Python
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related network protocols: knowledge of standard network protocols like TCP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SNMP etc., and accompanying protocol/packet analysis/manipulation tools. – Knowledge of information security protection/detection and authentication systems (firewalls, IDS, IPS, anti-virus, etc)
- Knowledge of commonly accepted information security principles and practices, as well as techniques attackers would use to identify vulnerabilities, gain unauthorised access, escalate privileges and access restricted information
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.