SOC Manager required on a permanent basis for a London based startup paying a competitive salary
A London based Cyber Security services provider start-up is growing their team in brand new offices based in London.
This is a career marking opportunity as one of their first London hires to work across a number of clients in range of industries, including manufacturing, production, oil and gas and many others.
Joining the Cyber Security team at such a crucial point in the business’s growth and investment, you will take on a senior role to support the business in driving forward their strategy and growing a team around you.
You will be comfortable working in a technical capacity performing hands-on incident response to support the analysts and engineers in the team as well as associated management/mentorship duties of SOC Analysts.
This role is core of the SOC, you will be liaising with clients helping them to understand the functions and explain technical processes to non-technical people.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand the analysis events from monitoring toolsets
- Understand security incidents and the likely impact these will have on business networks and in turn their business operations
- Acting as an escalation point for the external Security Analysts in event of a Major Security Incident
- Stakeholder management post incident
- End to end Incident Response
- Implement and maintain Cyber Response Playbooks for key security incident scenarios
- Recognise potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information
- Prepare briefings and reports of analysis methodology and results
- Create and maintain procedural documentation
- Supporting the on-going threat intelligence and co-ordination activities
Skills and Experience
- Ideally CISSP or CISM
- Proven experience of general technology infrastructure technologies and principles
- Strong leadership qualities and experience
- Finger on the pulse with the latest developing trends in cyber-attack techniques, cyber kill chain, and effective compensating mitigation and detection controls
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date security threats and common exploits
- Understanding of the underlying protocols and data used as the basis for the security monitoring service, including: HTTP, HTTPS, SQL, TCP/IP, Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience working with security tools used to monitor business environments (SIEM, netflow, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, Advanced malware detection, EDR, AntiVirus etc).
With strong career development and a brand new SOC function to take charge of this is an exciting opportunity to join a start-up consultancy firm.
Even if you don’t meet every requirement in this job description, I would still be keen to speak to you. We’re looking for ambitious team players who will add value and stick with us as we grow.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.