Imperial Brands PLC
We’re a truly international company, fourth largest in our industry and operating across 120 markets. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG business supported by over 27,500 employees. As we embrace a new era of growth, we are transforming. Our ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, constantly questioning the status quo. Our agility and entrepreneurial spirit, alongside award winning development programmes, enable innovation and success while creating exciting and rewarding career choices.
As we move forward, our customers will be at the heart of what we do, evolving to needs and expectations and committing to a more meaningful contribution to harm reduction by building a successful NGP business. Integral to our long-term success is our sustainability strategy, behaving responsibly and supporting our ambitions, all underpinned by high governance.
Encouraging inclusion at local levels and supporting a developing and robust diversity agenda globally, we’re fully committed to creating and maintaining an environment that celebrates and respects difference.
Here at Imperial Brands, we have a brand-new exciting opportunity for a SOC Lead to join our IT Security Operations team based in our head office in Bristol. Reporting into the Head of Cyber Security in this role you will be responsible for the operation and strategic development of the Imperial SOC service and the SOC Analyst team globally. You and your team are accountable for protecting Imperial’s people, and its information from cyber attacks and will ensure we meet our requirements for data and system confidentiality, integrity and availability.
This role will be perfect for an experienced SOC Lead with previous team lead and management experience or an experienced Senior SOC Analyst with an extensive technical background looking for the next step in their career.
- Lead, manage and develop a globally distributed team of SOC Analysts and third party vendors
- Establish and own the design, development and running of SOC services
- Manage security related incidents and problems throughout their lifecycle
- Design, build, manage and maintain security monitoring systems and Infrastructure such as SIEM, IDS/IPS and cloud based security platforms
- Advise and monitor appropriate security measures and mechanisms to guard against unauthorised access to electronically stored and/or transmitted information, reasonably protecting against anticipated threats and vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate vulnerability assessments and security audits against our products and infrastructure, action planning to resolve any identified security gaps.
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network threats or exploits.
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement, including industry best practices and recommend changes to systems and reporting processes.
- Team motivation, and ongoing support for their development, identifying and addressing any skill gaps.
- Provide management with up-to-date information on threats and vulnerabilities that the organisation may face.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive technical background within cyber security
- Previous experience as a technical team lead or manager with proven ability to manage priorities
- Significant experience of the technical aspects of cyber security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities and preventative and detection measures.
- Extensive experience and in-depth understanding of attack/threat monitoring and other security systems – intrusion detection (IDS/IPS), SIEM, anti-virus, firewalls, IAM and native cloud security platforms.
- Deep understating and experience with security vulnerability tools, techniques and standards used to conduct penetration testing.
- Strong experience of implementing best practices for incident handling, investigation processes and techniques.
- Solid experience of scripting, coding and tool development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security issues with strong communication skills.
- CISSP Certified or completion of relevant SANS courses.
- Degree educated in a relevant technical field or qualification by experience.
What we offer
Imperial Brands offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period).
Interested applicants should apply with their current CV highlighting their suitability for the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.