Your new company
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, family orientated company, with the backing of one of the biggest manufacturers globally. You will be part of a small SOC team of 5 and will be a part of some truly unique and fantastic projects.
Your new role
Your role will be varied and is not a standard SOC Analyst role. You will get involved in Azure and AWS implementation and management, as well as Project Security and more. Some key tasks within the role:
- Monitor and administer the SIEM, and spot anomalies within log data
- Incident handling as part of CSIRT team as well as researching the latest threats and bugs
- Automation of alert responses using AI or ML
- Help with staff cyber awareness as well as produce risk assurance documentation
- Monthly report generating, and playbook reviews
What you’ll need to succeed
You’ll need to be keen and enthusiastic about your IT SOC career. You’ll need to be keen to learn and excel, and enjoy working as part of a small team, as well as the below:
- Minimum of 3 years working in a SOC, with at least a year of Splunk (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Azure and AWS
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Security frameworks such as ISO 27001 and/or PCI-DSS
- Linux/UNIX knowledge ideal
- Good team ethic and the desire to accelerate your IT Security career
- Proactive in expanding your skills and developing personally
- Eligibility for UK Security clearance
What you’ll get in return
As well as being a part of a growing, unique manufacturer who care deeply about their staff and development, you will also gain the following:
- A salary of between £50000 and £55000 with hybrid working.
- Genuinely great place to work – Half of the SOC team have been there for over 10 years
- Unrivalled annual leave – 32 days PLUS bank holidays
- Private medical insurance, Travel insurance, and Life assurance, as well as annual bonus potential
- And more!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Call me on 0333 010 7583 or email me at Daryl.Angel@hays.com
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.