BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (AI) has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with UI development experience based in our Guildford office. The NetReveal Social Network Analytics (SNA) engineering team within BAE AI is looking for someone to be responsible for the development, quality assurance, support and successful delivery of the next generation of our fraud detection and advanced social network analytics applications, which underpin our solutions.
NetReveal SNA is an award-winning suite of products designed to detect and investigate unusual behaviour patterns in social networks; and is used internationally to detect insurance and banking fraud, tax evasion, unauthorised trading and many other scenarios.
The NetReveal SNA engineering team is part of the division, responsible for building our most leading edge and innovative Financial Crime and Cyber Security products and solutions. As such, this role is also part of the wider FS Engineering organisation and will offer development opportunities in both the technical specialist and management career paths.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers with knowledge and expertise of development (both UI and serverside), quality assurance as well as automation technologies. You will be working in a full Agile Scrum environment, working closely with other developers and testers, and working with cutting-edge technologies, as we look to further extend our engineering capabilities.
We expect a successful candidate to be able to pick up responsibilities both from a range of development as well as QA and delivery activities, offering an opportunity to grow as a true full-stack developer, gaining experience from design to development to regular quality-assured releases.
You will join one of our Scrum teams in a hands-on role with responsibility for development and quality assurance. You will gain and demonstrate expertise in exciting new technologies, and help to drive ongoing improvements to the development, testing and automated deployment processes that we follow and tools that we use.
The role involves:
- Converting technical concepts as well as user stories into real functionality by writing, reviewing and submitting code, as well as designing automated tests at every layer (Unit, Integration & End-to-end)
- Participate in the maintenance of a continuous and automated end-to-end environment for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery so that we can identify defects and errors as early as possible
- Working as part of a Scrum team to ensure the correct approach to the full development lifecycle is being planned, committed to and delivered for each sprint
- Participating in all Scrum events (sprint planning, refinement, daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives)
- Tracking and reporting progress within each sprint
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and ready to immerse themselves in the product development life cycle from design to delivery. They will be able to:
- Turn complex technical concepts into plain language for wider non-technical audiences
- Solve problems using creativity, technical skills and initiative
- Become a valued and trusted member of a high performing team
We are looking for candidates who have experience of some of the following:
- Front-end tech e.g. JavasScript, React, CSS3, MVC/rest
- Back-end tech e.g. Java, Scala or Groovy
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery (both as a process and of any supporting technologies)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.