BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We’re looking for a Site Security Controller to manage the security operations of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence’s HQ site, helping secure the business by implementing Company and client security requirements relating to its people, infrastructure, information, and assets. Providing day-to-day operational support, guidance, and advice to staff with regards to all aspects of protective security; ensuring security policy is adhered to and/or risk managed appropriately. The ideal candidate will take ownership of their responsibilities in securing the site 24/7, and must be able to manage time, individuals, and infrastructure to ensure the integrity of the site and its classified areas. Working on his/her own initiative and as part of a team, they must have the ability to liaise with key stakeholders on sensitive matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Being the first point of contact for any site security and security accreditation related issues.
- Ensuring that UK legislative and BAE Systems Group Policies are adhered to across the site.
- Conducting site specific and corporate Security Awareness training in various formats.
- Managing a team of sub-contracted security officers; liaising with Account Managers to ensure that the Company receives an acceptable service.
- Providing management of AACS, IDS, and CCTV across the site.
- Liaising with Project teams and responding to Security Aspect Letters relating to projects on site.
- Providing the response to, and investigating security incidents in a timely manner, ensuring that they are dealt with appropriately or escalated if necessary.
- Highlighting and escalating any risks to the site or Company to the Company Security Controller.
- Liaising with, and providing advice and guidance to the wider UK Security team.
- Working with the IT Security team to ensure that the Company’s networks remain secure and compliant with legislative policies.
What we’re looking for
- Eligible to receive UK National Security Vetting.
- Knowledge and experience of UK Government Security frameworks such as:
- Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework;
- Joint Service Publication 440/441/490;
- Information Assurance Standards.
- Knowledge of approved security products and build standards.
- Experience of Physical Security Integrated Management Systems.
- Previous experience working within a List X company or Protective Security role.
- Ability to work with the highest level of discretion and integrity as the role involves working with a considerable volume of sensitive and personal information.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with experience of delivering briefs and presentations to staff and clients.
- Knowledge and experience of IT Security is desirable but not essential.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.