We are currently seeking a Service Owner (Networks) to be a part of our innovative team!
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose – with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The network service is critical to Aviva as it provides the platforms to engage with our customers securely and the ability for Aviva employees to collaborate. We require a strong focus on service performance through the implementation and management of quality network services that meet the needs of the business.
We rely on our Service Owner to build positive relationships and manage our network service providers. This is a hands-off role; however, you will be provided with the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and enhance your skills.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Support and govern the supplier managed network services (LAN, WAN, Cloud Exchange, International WAN, IPAM, Secure Gateway Service)
- Build positive relationships throughout Global Infrastructure and Operations (GI&O) as well as other areas of the business is vital for this role
- Operational governance support of incident and problem management
- Where required, attend supplier service meetings and liaise with CIO, service management and other business stakeholders
- Provide advisory services regarding the scheduling of change, given the thorough understanding of the supplier service and Aviva estate
- Provide independent governance and approval within Aviva and/or supplier Change Advisory Boards
- Provide technical and/or service advocacy in the establishment of new projects, transactional or complex
- Subject matter expert involvement in ongoing complex projects to ensure supplier/vendor expertise or professional services are fully engaged (aware) and aligned to Aviva requirements
- Support the supplier delivery of capacity management services, incorporating any Licence Management dependencies
- Support supplier management in the provision of narrative and interpretation of service reporting
- Support risk and business controls with related content and work closely with suppliers to control network risk and assess business protection controls
- Identify, own and manage specific key risks and/or IT controls or standards, where you are identified as the owner and/or nominee for
- Drive Continual Service Improvement (CSI) across all network service lines and contribute to supplier led CSI initiatives
- Work closely with suppliers and/or vendors to understand the evolution of technologies and services
- Mentor individuals in the wider network service teams
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- High degree of agility, resourcefulness, influence, execution and the desire to reinvent/challenge
- Proven experience of working in large scale, complex outsourced network and/or managed IT environments
- Networking (LAN, WAN, switching, routing, Firewalls, WIFI) awareness, technical experience and capability
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Experience of working within the ITIL® service framework
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service management
- Broad vision of industry standards, new technologies and key market trends
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £35,000 – £60,000 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.