Your new company
A large and very busy public sector organisation.
Your new role
You will be working with the Application Support Team and DBA’s to refresh the virtual environment. This will include building/migrating virtual servers.
What you’ll need to succeed
Education and qualifications:
- A Degree and/or relevant experience within the IT field
- One of the following vendor certifications:
- MCSE/MCITP (2008 onwards) VCP
- Prince2 project management qualification – Desirable
- ITIL (ITSM) Foundation certificate – Desirable
Required Skills Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a server related role.
- High level understanding and experience of: server hardware, Microsoft server and desktop operating systems.
- Extensive theoretical and practical experience of Microsoft Active Directory
- A thorough knowledge and experience of working virtualisation
- Experience implementing and maintaining security products such as Anti-Virus, Web control and e-mail filtering.
- Proven record of delivering successful IT Projects Ability to work within a high pressure/demanding environment. Proven record of producing clear and concise documentation.
- Building Customer Service – able to provide Stakeholders with a positive experience of the service delivered.
- Competent in dealing with suppliers and business owners to realise technical solutions to business needs.
- Thorough understanding of the ITIL Process framework.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Microsoft Systems Center suite (SCCM/VMM/SCOM)
- Practical experience implementing and maintaining high availability technologies such as clustering and load balancing Application and desktop virtualisation
- Experience Understanding of Microsoft licensing
What you’ll get in return
A great opportunity to work on a long term contract in a fast passed environment using some of the latest technologies.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.