Role: Digital Technology Graduate Leadership Development Programme
Req ID: 192948BR
Locations: Harlow or Glenrothes (on-site work will be required for the role)
Training: Year 1 & 2 to complete Graduate Leadership Development Programme structured training plan alongside main role and professional training
Travel: Flexibility to travel for business or training requirements
Start: Early September 2022
Security Clearance Requirements: Successful candidates will be required to complete an SC clearance application
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To be considered for this programme you will demonstrate a high level of energy in pursuing work objectives and a total commitment to achieving successful outcomes, as evidenced by your academic results and extra-curricular activities. You will have long-term ambitions with first class communication, planning and organisational skills.
We are looking for Graduates who will develop into the company’s leaders of the future. On joining Raytheon, you will undertake a structured two-year leadership development programme which will incorporate classroom based and experiential learning alongside your day-to-day work. You will be given a real job from day one and will be expected to start adding value immediately.
By joining Raytheon you will have the opportunity to work within a range of different areas of the IT Function. Enthusiasm for a career in an innovative organisation is essential, as is the ambition to succeed.
- Rotate within the IT Functions to build upon skill base which will provide the ability and confidence to engage in future challenging activities.
- Create technical content of documentation and standard of IT work being performed on projects within your technical control
- Will follow prescribed learning and development activities provided by both IT Leadership and Learning & Development functions.
- Identify skills training or development requirements and escalate through management
- Undergo Information Technology Information Library (ITIL v4) training and qualification.
- Support the IT function and business by adhering to and maintaining our best practice processes and procedures.
- Data gathering and reporting
- Using Raytheon 6 Sigma proactively to foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Participate in a variety of regular IT meetings
- Working as part of a team, with high degree of collaboration across the function
- Strong communications across functions and levels
- You will have achieved (or be expected to achieve) at least a 2.1 in any IT or IT and Business, Engineering related degree discipline.
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent
- Be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving ability
- Have strong communication & presentation skills
- Be methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and able to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated, energy & drive
- Team player
- Travel regularly to other UK sites when needed to support the team
- Successful candidates will need to complete a security clearance application
- Work experience in a technology related role or projects.
ABOUT RAYTHEON UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
ABOUT RAYTHEON TECHNOLOGIES
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
RAYTHEON CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £28,750 starting salary with twice yearly pay increases for the first 2 years, plus £3,000 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
RAYTHEON APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website. Candidates need to upload a CV (with grades predicted/achieved listed), cover letter and recent academic transcript.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.