Winnersh, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The candidate will work within the International Integrated Solutions (IIS) Value Stream, a division of Integrated Solutions which in itself is part of Collins Aerospace’s Mission Systems strategic business unit.
The candidate will be responsible for IIS’ Europe, Middle East and Americas portfolio including line management and oversight of all IIS programmes within the regions. The candidate will carry full Value Stream (VSL) responsibilities that include:
- Pursuit through to contract award in conjunction with our Sales and Marketing groups.
- Complete execution to a contract that may include delivery of materials (software and hardware) and associated services.
- Management of transition of programmes to a support & service phase, led by other divisions.
- Line management for 6 or more direct reports.
In particular, the post requires the responsibility for planning, organisation, direction and coordination of programme management activities and functional departmental activities in multiple Collins Aerospace locations and its various suppliers and customers.
The candidate will need to consider the development of new business in conjunction with our Sales groups and the achievement of on-time and on-budget execution in close collaboration with Engineering in an ethical and professional manner.
The role would be 60% direct booking to funded projects, with the remaining 40% covered as part of departmental overhead.
- Accountable for achieving contract cost, schedule and performance goals:
- Providing guidance, direction and coordination of allocated European, Middle Eastern and Americas led program efforts
- Responsible for estimate at completion activities and associated milestones
- Accountable for financial performance to include profit and loss for the programs undertaken
- Manage all program related risk activities to optimize program profitability
- Present earned value data including EACs (Estimate At Completion) and monthly cadence reviews to stakeholders for the areas of responsibility
- To assist in developing and capturing new business and growing the business in line with strategic intent:
- Support development and implementation of appropriate win strategies to expand targeting business.
- Support marketing-led pursuits activities for new business and steer pursuit activities.
- Guide/support Contract negotiations and be focal point for customer interface post contract award for allocated activities
- Input accurate program information to the business system.
- To coach, manage and develop a core team of Value Stream Managers reporting into you, themselves having accountability for significant projects within your portfolio.
- To play an active role in supporting the Product Line operating within the IIS business with local context pertinent to our product development.
- To seek out efficiency savings as part of our Lean methodology.
- To have responsibility for the wider delivery team with energy and enabling them to excel.
- To generate and maintain excellent customer affinity
The post has the authority to:
- Liaise with all Collins Aerospace personnel, at all levels as appropriate to achieve the objectives.
- To have responsibility for all appropriate customer related activities to achieve objectives.
- To own the Profit and Loss (including discretionary and program spend) against each identified program or pursuit including any delegations.
Skills and experience:
- Understanding of project management disciplines and their application.
- Risk management, mitigation and costing methodologies.
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Key artefacts to define the project (PMP).
- Proficiency with Earned Value metrics, their derivation and interpretation.
- Appreciation of customer needs and relationships with ability to lead the customer community.
- Comfortable engaging with customers and building a healthy working relationship.
- Able to undertake international travel as required.
- Working knowledge of company procedures and processes typical for the sector.
- Proven record of accomplishment in delivering against business objectives.
- Fluent in business English.
- Experience in the defence industry as a supplier to government customers.
- No known impediment to gaining/maintaining clearance within regional market.
- Fluent with Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Understanding of business management information systems (e.g. SAP, Sales Force).
- Familiarity with export rules (e.g. ITAR) and the typical types of export (e.g. TAA).
- Experience in line managing a team of direct reports and demonstrable abilities to grow and develop at team.
- Proven ability to lead and direct multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong appreciation of business practices in support of strategic planning and financial accounting actions.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Proven and relevant technical background.
- Project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE) with PMI, APM, IPMA or equivalent.
- Substantial project management experience as in individual contributor within Collins Aerospace.
- Familiarity with Collins BMW (Bid estimation), PARS (Project Repository), SAP tools, PEPP principles, CBAP (Collins Business Acquisition Process) and CTL (Capture Team Lead Roles) roles.
in accordance with our ‘ Baseline Security ‘ requirements,
will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business.
These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.