Job title: Senior UX Engineer
Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester or Manchester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So, our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers, and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
Summary of the role:
Work as a primary UX engineer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business areas.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The role will use your UX skills to improve the experience of interacting with products so that customers find increased value in it
- As a Senior UX engineer you understand product, which frameworks to use and how best make the product work
- UX input into the design with regards to the user’s behaviour, motives, and habits to create interface layouts, and enable product prototypes.
- Design, build and run code using industry best practice. You will help in defining the evolvement of best practice, and in the supporting of estimation activities. You may be asked to assume the role of scrum master and manage sprint ceremonies.
- You will potentially have project leadership and oversight and will lead the UX engineering in your area. Your decisions will be of significant value and will contribute to the overall success of the project and wider programme.
- Perform first line peer reviews and provide direction and guidance around the review
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of engineering practice and coding within your team.
- Regularly provide technical direction within your team; you will be able to think strategically to give the reasons for aim and direction.
- Architect solutions to design and develop new product functionality
- Some projects require that the role also includes line management responsibilities although not all. For a role requiring line management responsibilities key responsibilities will include effective line management of Software Engineers in your team (typically 2-3).
- Accountable for the software produced by your staff.
- UX engineering with real focus on accessibility standards referencing human-centred design for interactive systems (ISO 9241)
- Significant experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment utilising DevOps tools and techniques where applicable.
- For roles including line management responsibilities previous line management experience of a similar teams of similar size is required
Desirable skills of interest
- MERN stack
- Experience of developing using Cloud services using either AWS or Azure with relevant professional certification
- Significant experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems and architecting solutions.
- Agile focused with keen understanding of modern software engineering and UX patterns.
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience of applying Software Architecture Patterns.
- Infrastructure as code technologies and cloud technologies and distributed systems
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit – https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.