Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst
Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst
Salary: London salary circa £75,000, National salary circa £58,000
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our outstanding intelligence team!
At Aviva, we rely on our Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysts to protect our customers and the company. We need your specialist advice and experience to prevent and reduce the impact of cyber security incidents. Along with incremental improvement in time to react to new threats, attacks, and potential breaches, reducing their impact and cost to the business.
A bit about the job:
As a Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will take a leading role in delivering the Aviva Threat Intelligence teams’ operational, tactical, and strategic work, covering Aviva companies worldwide. You will be working in a team collecting and analysing threat information to produce concrete cyber security intelligence.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to apply your technical insights to better understand and assess cyber threats. Evidence of strong investigative aptitude to develop critically reasoned and practical intelligence products is particularly crucial to success in this role.
The technical requirement for this role includes: a strong knowledge and understanding of the core networking protocol such OSI stack, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DHCP, DNS, SMTP, good knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems, Cloud environments, knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of undertaking cyber threat intelligence work
- Ability to collect, analyse, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from various sources and exercising critical thinking in assessing the threat as well as deep technical understanding of networking, internet protocols and information security
- Experience of analysing intelligence pertaining to Cloud environments as well as experience of using MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Kill Chain, and Diamond Intrusion model
- Advanced knowledge of global threats to international cyber security and conversant in the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber adversaries
- Willingness to support and mentor Cyber Threat Intelligence analysts within the team and Willingness on occasion to act as deputy to Cyber Threat Intelligence manager
What you’ll get for this role:
- London starting salary circa £75,000, National starting salary circa £58,000, depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv Johal a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.Johal@aviva.com .
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.