Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team;
- Act as test & integration lead for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes;
- Define and manage test environments; create and manage test data; define and manage test tools;
- Manage creation of automated and manual test scripts
- Produce test and deployment strategies and plans in compliance with customer project guidelines
- Produce deployment packages appropriate for support estimation of test activities
- Support test team interactions with the wider development team and assist in the resolution of issues
- Support the development team at formal and artefact reviews as necessary
- Provide defect and code quality metrics to the programme
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and demonstrable evidence of relevant test methodologies and toolsets
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software undner Linux
- Experience of virtualisation (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
- Test specification development
- Test script preparation
- Experience of test automation frameworks and tools such as Selenium (Nightwatch, Frameworkium), Cypress, Eggplant, PostMan, Cucumber and Robot.
- Production of test plans and reports using applicable tools
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of AWS or Azure
- Linux system administration skills
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- Desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit – https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.