UK017-Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Senior Stress Engineer to join the team in Leighton Buzzard.
- The Stress department is currently of 50 engineers located in 5 location globally, which 12 are in Leighton Buzzard
- The Senior Stress Engineer will report into the Stress Manager
- Learning about cabin interior and continuous improvement projects with constant communication with other functions.
- Developing towards M1020 delegated signatory status
- Career development opportunity towards technical fellow or people management
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants.
- Produce the necessary reports to demonstrate that the structural design satisfies all relevant EASA or FAA regulations.
- Produce accurate detailed stress analysis of metal and composite structures in support of original part design, production support, engineering change process or other process as necessary.
- Undertake self-checking of work produced, and peer-checking of other reports generated within the department.
- Supports formal design reviews providing technical guidance.
- Preparation of reports and plans, and provision of technical support for test program’s. To analyze test results and report findings.
- To provide ‘support to production’ services including investigation to queries raised through Design Query Notes and Non-Conformity Reports, production permits and concessions and any other matter where production time scales are potentially adversely affected.
- Assist in mentoring and training of less experienced members of staff inside and outside of the department.
- Creates and supports definition and planning of workload and resource demand
- Work towards or already hold M1020 delegated signatory for stress analysis and support.
- Liaise with other teams, supporting from different locations, to satisfy overflow project demand.
Experience and Skills
- Technical proficiency in the theory and practice of area of specialty – awareness and knowledge of structural certification requirements for passenger aircraft interiors.
- Able to convey technical requirements and constraints to all relevant stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of current EASA and FAA regulations in particular CS-25
- Good working knowledge of Nastran/Patran/FEMAP or other finite element analysis software
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Good team working and work ethic
- Beneficial possession of CAA and/or M1020 delegated signatory and/or CVE status or equivalent
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.