As future technologies evolve towards the More Electric Aircraft, UTAS has a significant need for high performance electric motors and drives across its broad product portfolio. The Motor Drive Systems Centre is creating a world-class capability in the design and manufacture of high performance electric motors and motor drive systems, working closely with other UTAS divisions both as customers and partners, to establish superior, differentiated technologies for future Motor Drive Systems.
Purpose of the Role:
Working in a multi-discipline environment providing Safety & Reliability (S&R) support on Motor Drive equipment for use on civil and military aircraft throughout a project, starting from the concept design stage. Must be able to work in close liaison with customers, suppliers and work-share partners.
Experience and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have a degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline, with a significant experience working as a Safety / Reliability Engineer, ideally gained in the aerospace industry although other industries would also be considered. The candidate should be able to understand electrical and electronics schematics and be able to work from card (PCB) level to system level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking quantitative / qualitative safety & reliability analyses and producing associated technical reports / documentation
- Derivation of Safety Requirements in System/HW/SW Specifications
- Involvement in System Architecture development for Safety Critical Systems
This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position; it is meant to give a general description of what the main duties are, recognising that the successful job incumbent may be requested to fulfil assignments in other departments within the business, commensurate with the level of this role.
Essential Technical Requirements:
- FMEA / FMECA – Failure Mode, Effects and (Criticality) Analysis
- FTA – Fault Tree Analysis
- Hazard Analysis Techniques
- Common Mode AnalysisExperience or knowledge of some of the following analysis techniques would be desirable:
- FHA – Functional Hazard Analysis
- PSSA – Preliminary System Safety Analysis
- SSA – System Safety Analysis
- RBD – Reliability Block Diagram
- Reliability PredictionsExperience or knowledge of some of the following standards would be desirable:
- CS-25 Certification Specifications Large Aeroplanes, Part 25.1309
- System Level DAL: SAE ARP 4754
- Safety techniques: SAE ARP 4761
- Airplane Level Safety: SAE ARP 5150
- DAL Hardware/Firmware: RTCA DO-254
- DAL Software: RTCA DO-178
- SEU Radiation calculations: IEC TS62396 & JEDEC JESD89A
- Std: MIL-STD-882D
- Def Std 00-54 / 00-56
- MIL-HDBK-338BExperience in the following Software Packages would be desirable:
- Isograph Fault Tree +
- Isograph Reliability Work Bench
- CAFTA Fault Tree AnalysisCompetent in using the following tools
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
Requirement Management tool – DOORS
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.