96-99 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE, UK
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our expanding team in Brighton, Sussex, UK.
This role is a management role responsible for providing leadership and daily supervision to a team of software engineers engaged in the development and maintenance of software for projects that deliver systems serving the Air Transportation Industry, predominantly Airports and Airlines. The Senior Manager will conduct performance oversight, career development, and general supervisory activities of the team.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Business Planning to ensure projects are appropriately staffed with SW engineering resources according to budgets and schedules
- Provide career development, mentoring, and continuous evaluation
- Provide direction of project software engineering activities in accordance with organizational goals
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation, adherence, and continuous improvement of the software engineering processes and procedures
- Identify software engineering skills, knowledge and practices required in the near future. Purposefully evolve and equip the team over time to meet these needs.
- Motivate team members; facilitating meetings; cultivating and reinforcing appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors; and identifying, analyzing and correcting problems by developing plans, tasks and solutions, and ensuring proper use of engineering resources
- Collaborate with Engineering Leadership, Business Planning, and individual Project Managers to assess both current and future staffing needs and engage in demand planning.
- Evaluate and mentor staff on technical and non-technical aspects of their job responsibilities
- Collaborate with peers and other engineering managers within the Airports engineering organization to establish best practices for knowledge management, information sharing, and ensuring consistency of engineering processes and solutions across the division.
- Engineering experience in software development, including all phases of the development life-cycle
- Engineering management experience in a project / program environment
- Experience working within a formal engineering process-driven environment
- Ability to lead and be responsible for the technical evaluation of employees using formal and informal (daily interaction and counseling) methods
- Knowledge of alternative software engineering processes and approaches
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and implementation experience of the same
- Experience of software development for distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Prior experience working within the air transportation industry
- The ability to influence, inspire and motivate team members
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- Previous experience with MS technology stack and cloud based solutions
- Candidates for this role should ideally be educated to degree level and have demonstrable and prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, significant and demonstrable relevant experience is required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
in accordance with our ‘ Baseline Security ‘ requirements,
will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business.
These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.