Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Req ID: 192945BR
Location(s): Harlow or Hybrid
Summary of Role: Raytheon’s ATMS (Air Traffic Management Systems ) Software team is seeking talented, passionate, and innovative individuals that thrive within an Agile eco-system to deliver world class solutions that make the world a safer place. Become a part of something greater than yourself by bringing your best in collaboration with other motivated and talented individuals across a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work within our existing systems team bringing your experience of embedded systems programming to design, develop, integrate and test system software to support our worldwide customer base. You will also have opportunity to work on exciting internal R&D projects to support the next generation of ATMS systems.
The main tasks of the role are:
• Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
• Key contributor & reviewer at gate & design reviews.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert as part of a systems engineering group to analyse and resolve system defects in response to service requests, incidents, problems and events.
• Validating and verifying the design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors.
• Provide input to configuration, safety and quality management as appropriate.
• Document design and advise on product support material.
• Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer problems.
• Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure product meets Raytheon quality standards.
• Lead continuous technical improvement and re-architecting activities.
• Assist in updating software design artefacts.
• Interfacing with COTS vendors for technical support.
• Provide technical support (e.g. Requirements Analysis and System Design) to Raytheon programmes delivering new capability.
• Validating design documentation from subcontractor team
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and
defence company that provides advanced systems and
services for commercial, military and government
customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading
businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt &
Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon
Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the
company to operate at the edge of known science as
they imagine and deliver solutions that push the
boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion,
directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security.
The company, formed in 2020 through the combination
of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies
Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you
develop your career from the moment you join.
Activities range from on-line learning modules, to
external training and support for taking professional
qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a
workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain
where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the
best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal
opportunities employer who selects the very best
candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our
workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment
where our colleagues can bring the unique skills,
experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our
business, create innovative solutions and develop our
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes
and ears into the community they represent and support
us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are
open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and
include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young
Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans
Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold
Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces
Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021
Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for
All applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you
during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment
team who will be happy to help.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.